Heymann Primary School opened a brand new nursery in January 2014. The nursery (pre-school) is in a purpose built classroom in our Infant building and has its own enclosed outdoor play area.
There are many advantages to using our school based nursery:
- Led by a qualified teacher
- Supported by well qualified Teaching Assistants
- Housed in a purpose built room in our new Infant building
- Outdoor play area with brand new equipment
- Access to all the school equipment and facilities – interactive whiteboard, large school hall, sensory room.
- Fully funded places, five 3-hour sessions
- Access to our school Wrap Around Care services providing child care from 7:30am – 6:00pm
- Continuous education from 3-11 years (subject to accepted application for a reception place)
The nursery has 39 places based on 2 sessions per day. Places are available in the year before your child starts Reception. A limited number of places may be offered to younger children, who are over the age of 3. On admission parents are asked to choose between 5 morning or 5 afternoon sessions. Additionally, we offer wrap-around care, enabling your child to stay all day for an additional cost. Whenever possible first preference of sessions will be offered, but preferences will be allocated subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
- The morning session is from 8:30am until 11:30am.
- The afternoon session is from 12:15pm until 3:15pm.
- These times fit closely with the main school times:
- Infants (KS1) 8:40 – 3:10 and Juniors (KS2) 8:50 – 3:20
Applying for a place
We are inviting parents to put their child’s name on our ‘expression of interest list’ from the age of 2 years. Parents are welcome to apply for a place at any time and any applications received after these dates will be considered at the time. The following is an overview of our application process for a September place:
- Parents of children on our ‘expression of interest list’ will be sent an application form by 1st April.
- Completed forms should be returned to school by the date on the forms, in May.
- Parents will be informed by 15th May and should confirm their acceptance of a place by 25th May.