Hello Year 1,
We hope that you are all okay and enjoying the lovely sunshine!
This week would have been a school break so we have given you a few different activities to keep you busy. You do not have to do these activities, as you do with your home learning mats, but they are there if you would like to give them a go.
We have made a project for you to complete all about cereal. Follow the steps on the 'Year 1 project' PDF to learn where cereal comes from, how it is made and how to make your own cereal boxes. There is a video where Miss Johnston shows you how to use all of the pieces you make and put them together. We look forward to seeing some pictures of your brilliant work! Please, send any pictures for the blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are lots of ways that you can keep active this week. Read this list for some fun and exciting ideas. The login details you will need are at the bottom of the page if you have not saved them.
- Fitter Future: https://app.fitterfuture.com/student/auth/login
- Get Active with Cebeebies: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/curations/get-active
- Have a go at Drumba, a mixture between dance, Zumba and drumming! See the information PDF below.
- Football Challenge. Watch the video below from Chris Cohen who plays for Nottingham Forest. He has set the children of Heymann a challenge! If you complete the challenge please send you entry to this email address - steven.hill@heymann
Book Token Challenge
Over half term, you could design a National book token to be used in schools. Follow the link for more information and to enter the competition if you would like to. The entry template is on our web page. Have fun!
Keep up your reading
Keep up your reading, as we know lots of you have been enjoying sharing stories with people at home. You can read your own books or use some of the resources below:
- 'Stories to Enjoy' tab at the side of this page
- Scholastic Reading Pro
- Oxford Owl - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Stories for Kids (videos and written versions) - https://www.freechildrenstories.com/
You can also use this list for some other ideas of skills that you can practice at home:
- Use Letter Join to practice your handwriting (login details below)
- Use Phonics Play to practice your phonics sounds
- Think about what makes you AMAZING and complete the corresponding sheet below. Remember, it is important to be positive and recognise your own skills and talents.
- Use Numbots to play some number games and level up your characters
- Help with cooking, cleaning and tidying around the house.
- Use the BBC Home Learning website for more daily activities - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
We hope you have a great week!
The Year 1 Team :) x
How to make a cereal box video:
Football Challenge Video: