Heymann Primary School opened a brand new nursery (Pre-School) in January 2014. The Nursery (pre-school) is in a purpose built classroom in our Infant building and has its own enclosed outdoor play area.
There are many advantages to using our school based nursery:
- Led by a qualified teacher
- Supported by well qualified Teaching Assistants
- Housed in a purpose built room in our new Infant building
- Outdoor play area with brand-new equipment
- Access to all the school equipment and facilities – interactive whiteboard, large school hall, sensory room, library.
- Fully funded places of five 3-hour sessions (15 hours)
- Access to our school Wrap Around Care services providing child care from 7:30am – 6:00pm
- Continuous education from 3-11 years (subject to accepted application for a reception place)
The nursery has 39 places based on 2 sessions per day. Places are available in the year before your child starts Reception class. We offer flexibility of Care using the free 15 hours funding, 30-hour Extended funding if eligible, and/or various tax-free schemes. We offer full wraparound care, enabling your child to stay all day from 7.30am to 6.00pm if required. A limited number of places may be offered to younger children who are over the age of 3 subject to availability. Whenever possible first preference of sessions will be offered, but preferences will be allocated subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
- The morning session is from 8:30am until 11:30am.
- The afternoon session is from 12:15pm until 3:15pm.
- These times fit closely with the main school times:
- Infants (KS1) 8:40 – 3:10 and Juniors (KS2) 8:50 – 3:20
Applying for a place
We are inviting parents to put their child’s name on our ‘expression of interest' list from the age of 2 years. The following is an overview of our application process for a September place:
- Parents of children on our ‘expression of interest' list will be sent an application form by April.
- Completed forms should be returned to school by May.
- Parents will be informed if we are able to offer a place, parents then confirm their acceptance.
Please copy the link below for further details of the Nursery Wraparound care (this can also be found under 'Parent Information' tab and 'Before and After School Care':-
For all queries, bookings and cancellations please contact Alison Fielding, Nursery Admissions & Administration, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Alison on 0115 914 5035 (select option 1).