Heymann Primary School opened a brand new nursery (Pre-School) in January 2014. The Nursery (pre-school) is in a purpose built classroom in our Infant building and has its own enclosed outdoor play area.
There are many advantages to using our school based nursery:
- Led by a qualified teacher
- Supported by well qualified Teaching Assistants
- Housed in a purpose built room in our new Infant building
- Outdoor play area with brand-new equipment
- Access to all the school equipment and facilities – interactive whiteboard, large school hall, sensory room, library.
- Fully funded places of five 3-hour sessions (15 hours)
- Access to our school Wrap Around Care services providing child care from 7:30am – 6:00pm
- Continuous education from 3-11 years (subject to accepted application for a reception place)
The nursery has 39 places based on 2 sessions per day. Places are available in the year before your child starts Reception. A limited number of places may be offered to younger children who are over the age of 3 subject to availability. On admission parents are asked to choose between 5 morning OR 5 afternoon sessions. Additionally, we offer wraparound care, enabling your child to stay all day for an additional cost, or with use of the 30-hour funding. Whenever possible first preference of sessions will be offered, but preferences will be allocated subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
- The morning session is from 8:30am until 11:30am.
- The afternoon session is from 12:15pm until 3:15pm.
- These times fit closely with the main school times:
- Infants (KS1) 8:40 – 3:10 and Juniors (KS2) 8:50 – 3:20
Applying for a place
We are inviting parents to put their child’s name on our ‘expression of interest' list from the age of 2 years. The following is an overview of our application process for a September place:
- Parents of children on our ‘expression of interest' list will be sent an application form by April.
- Completed forms should be returned to school by May.
- Parents will be informed if we are able to offer a place, parents then confirm their acceptance.
Please copy the link below for further details:-
For all queries, bookings and cancellations please contact Alison Fielding, Nursery Admissions & Administration, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Alison on 0115 914 5035 (select option 1).